Today if you would like to read (or ask someone to read to you) then read from where you left off yesterday, please read part 5, section 22 to the end of section 26 : My Sea Adventure. This is a lot to read again, however remember you do not have to read all of this you can use the synopsis and the animated clip to help you do today's work!
You can read the synopsis file below.
Or for the animated version everyone can enjoy please click here A fight and the 'Hispaniola' captured.
For your work today please pick TWO (or more) of the questions below to answer. Please write the question and answer in your workbook:
•Why does Jim leave the stockade?
• How does Jim manage to get to the Hispaniola?
• Why does Jim cut the anchor rope?
• How does O’Brien get killed?
• How does Jim realise that Hands is not as badly injured as he thought?
• Why does Jim’s first pistol not fire?
• How does it happen that Hands misses Jim with his knife?
• Why does Jim climb the mast?
Today's activity is: This episode shows Jim taking several proactive steps to take the initiative. His bold actions are fundamental to defeating the pirates, gaining the treasure and arranging safe passage home. Use the file below (or create your own version) to plot each of Jim’s actions - showing how he climbs the ladders to success. The first and last have been added for you. Add pictures in the boxes showing his actions if you wish.