- Class Pages
- Monday 23rd March (click to see today's phonics, PE, story and challenge!)
Today’s story is actually a poem called ‘Chocolate Cake’by Michael Rosen. We love this story in class even though it always makes us want to eat chocolate cake afterwards!
Ways to use this story to help your child’s learning:
- Discuss what a poem is.
- Debate whether the boy should have eaten the chocolate cake.
- How do you think that the mum felt when she found out that the boy ate the cake?
- Compare your favourite foods. What would you and your child find most difficult to resist?
- Make a chocolate cake together and talk about the various textures and tastes that you notice. Which ingredients did you need? Could you write/draw a recipe for it?